Friday, July 23, 2010

Are You on National 411?

I use Verizon. But when I travel, I may be outside an area serviced by that company. For example, I was in the eastern part of my state last week. I was trying to get in touch with a particular convention and visitors bureau. I have known the staff there for years - but didn't have their phone number with me. I knew the office existed.

I called 411. No, the CVB wasn't listed.

When I got to the office, I told the staff and they shared with me that their region is serviced by another cell company. So when they would call national 411 to make sure their phone number is listed, they get a different provider - not Verizon.

MARKETING TIP: Investigate to find out if you are listed on national 411. Call people outside of your area and have them make the inquiry. Send them a crisp $1 bill for their trouble. For those companies who don't have your listing, call them and get included. This applies to anyone with a landline phone.

No comments: