Sunday, July 26, 2015

I absolutely howled when I read this post on Facebook! Here is a list of email subject lines from bands wanting to promote themselves.

I truly wish there was a school where bands could go to learn how to promote themselves. For instance, band members need to invest in a really good photo session with a very good photographer. The website needs to have information about each member and some interesting trivia. Hearing about awards is one thing, but learning about the band is truly much more useful.

It helps to have a You Tube presence. When I'm writing about a band appearing at a festival, I want to be able to hear what type of music the band performs and see  the members in action. Do they play to the audience? Are they showmen? What kinds of instruments do they play?

MARKETING TIP: Just tell the story.

No comments: