Thursday, March 19, 2015

Hey bands! Listen to me! I need hi-resolution photos!!!!!

I stand on my head. I pull out my hair. I scream. Does it do any good? Apparently not. Hey bands, if you want me to promote your group, please provide a hi-res image!!

No, a 4x7 on your website doesn't cut it. I need an image that is at least 2mg in size. I'm looking at the number of pixels in the image, not the number of inches.

Print needs a good, professional hi-res image. Newspapers and magazines don't pull something from your website. As one editor once told me, "You can't create something from a postage stamp." Referring to pixels, the photo you have on your site is the same as a postage stamp. You cannot make it bigger.

Yes, you can use lo-res on your website. You can use lo-res anywhere online. But, for print, lo-res doesn't get it.

For more information on what the difference is between hi- and lo- res, click here.

MARKETING TIP: If you want your band to be promoted, provide the event organizer and publicity person good, professionally-made hi-res images. PLEASE!


1 comment:

akmal niazi khan said...

I am regular reader of your blog and no doubt it all stuff is awesome. The best thing about your sharing and posting is that you always provide content that is helpful for both the newbie and experts. Looking for more stuff and tutorials.

Love from Tech Solutions Desk