Wednesday, February 11, 2015

A personal note

I always say that you should post on your blog at least once a week. As you see, quite a few have passed since my last entry. My mother passed away in October and my father has been ill.

So this leads me to talk with you on a personal level ...

In this world where we are expected to work 40+ hours a week, take care of family, grab a minute for ourselves and watch the world go by because we're so busy, I encourage you to adopt the notion that family comes first.

Say it aloud: "Family comes first."

Yes, it does interfere with income, your TO DO list, personal and professional aspirations and goals. Yes, it does interfere with your free time. Yes, it does cause considerable stress at times.

But do it.

In the end, you will be very thankful that you did. You will have few or no  regrets. I learned to love and enjoy my mother and miss her terribly.

No comments: