Monday, August 29, 2011

I just visited a Website for a local marketing firm. The first thing that struck me odd is that the email address does not use the domain name for the Website. It was a generic something I had not seen before.

Your email address says a lot about your business and how seriously you take it. It's okay to use a Gmail, Yahoo, Live, or whatever domain name for your personal email. However, if you have a Website - or own and use a domain name which represents your company - then you should have your email attached to it.

Which looks more credible to you? greta@gretalint.com or greta@yahoo.com? I don't have a Yahoo account and don't want one. I want to be associated with my online presence - and you should too.

MARKETING TIP: Your email address reflects your commitment to your company. Tie it to your domain name.

No comments: