Thursday, June 5, 2008

June 5 - Increase Your Visibility on the Web; Post Images


Be prepared to laugh. I just bought a new cell phone with a camera. I wanted to do the same thing the 13 year olds were doing - take pictures and videos and email them. Unfortunately, I didn't have a young teen around to help me with this project....

After 2 visits to the Alltel store, 2 calls to Alltel tech support, a Quick Time download and $75 worth of memory cards and adapters later, I am fully equipped to take photos and email them - and shoot videos. But they must be downloaded onto your computer before you can share them. No, the people at the Alltel store didn't realize that videos can't be emailed - at least not from my phone.

Say you're running an attraction and have a Website. Simply create a link to your video and photos. Use the Web space on those sites, instead of on your own. Search engines love sites that feature multimedia. Photos. Videos. Movies. Sound. If you don't have a site at all, post images on You Tube! and Flickr anyway!

Marketing Tip: Someone once said, "A picture is worth a thousand words." Upload your images and reach a new audience.

No comments: