Monday, July 11, 2011

Who is Visiting Your Website?

Do you know who is visiting your Website? A good hosting service gives you analytics 24/7 which provide you with a wealth of information.

For example, on this site, I use Site Meter and Google Analytics to show me where traffic is coming from, what the key word searches are, how long people stay here, how they found me, what time of day they visited and if they're unique or repeat visitors.

When IRS came to my site, I learned it was looking for a childhood neighbor of mine who I had mentioned in a post. I am able to see that the majority of visitors are looking for strategies to promote tourism. However, many of the posts can apply to small businesses too.

MARKETING TIP: When looking for a hosting company, ask about the analytics package. Spend time researching what draws people to your site. Build upon the key words.

No comments: