Sunday, February 21, 2016

Bands, do you want to toot your own horn?

Oh, here we go again. I start pulling my hair out this time of year as I write press releases about musical entertainers and bands.

More times than I care to remember, I have had to beg for information, such as hi-res images, the instruments each band member plays, background about the band, ages of the band members, a press kit and the list goes on. I've even had to beg for a phone number, where only an email was available. I've had to beg for interviews with the leader of the band or the sole performer.

I write press releases. I also write articles for print. My releases are used by broadcast and print media, as pre-event publicity.

So, hey you guitar player, you banjo player, you singer - please listen up. If you want people to know your group exists, then spoon feed information to people, like me, who need it.

MARKETING TIP: If you're a member of a band, decide if you want it to be something where you get paid on a regular basis. If you do, then make darned sure that your information on your website or social media site is complete.


No comments: